There is no dearth of configuration modules in
npm, however if you are looking for a config module which simply gives you:
- A way to cleanly define config settings, outside your source code.
- Has a configurable directory to put the config files.
- Has feature to separate out environment specific config settings (i.e. for prod, dev etc).
- Does not have crap load of dependencies.
- Supports nested settings.
- And most importantly doesn’t expect you to do much to set it up.
then you can checkout a really small package tiny-config. It just works and follows a very simple and intuitive approach to set it up.